From Last Resort Wiki
- We are an account per character site with OOC accounts to facilitate member relations.
- We have an account linking system in place to prevent the headache of constant log-outs.
- Our rating is 3-1-2. Please see the Universal RPG Rating system site for details.
- LR is the most recent installment of the Beyond Potter RP Series, which has been around since 2005.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding anything, please feel free to contact AC or Jen.
- Any IC or OOC event ideas you'd like to see? Ri is your gal to bounce them off!
- By registering, you are agreeing to the rules listed herein and our site's terms of service.
- You should register first with an OOC account using whatever display name you would like.
- All character accounts should be registered with the first and last names of the character, properly capitalized.
- Fill out the character sheet regarding your character. Refer to this thread if you are unsure what information you need to read.
- Still have questions after that? Ask someone in the cbox, our AMA board, or even PM Jen or Amanda. We love questions!
- Jen or AC will PM you with your application status as soon as possible. We do get busy with work and/or school but try to get back to you within a day.
- Respect is critical for any community's survival. Please consider that the person on the other side of the screen is a human being.
- Check the Wizarding Wireless often as this will be where we post any newsletters or announcements.
- Don't simply disappear! We do worry about you when it happens. If you must leave us or be gone more than five days, do leave an away message.
- Any character which has been inactive for 30 days will be placed in the Retired account. You may reactivate it by looking for plots in our plotting board.
- Signatures should not contain offensive images nor should they be GIFs.
- Signatures should be no wider than 500 px and no taller than 300 px.
- Post with the wrong character? Don't worry! Contact the staff at this link with a link to the post and who it should be posted with, and we will reassign your post to the proper character. You don't have to delete and repost.
- Quality is preferred over quantity. So long as your partner has enough to reply to, all is well. Please don't be afraid to ask each other for a little more if you believe it will help.
- Writing should be in the third person and use past tense. Nothing disrupts the flow of a thread more than shifting between third person and another narrator or past/present/future tense.
- Consider your spelling and grammar! We're not going to hound you over it, but it can seriously disrupt the flow of an otherwise awesome post if you suddenly have to stop to figure out what someone actually meant. Also, quotation marks are a must.
- This goes without saying, but IC is IC and OOC is OOC. Please remember IC consequences can and do happen if a character breaks a group's rule or does something the magical community would catch, but it is certainly not a reflection of how the player views you. If something doesn't work for you, you and the other player should discuss it and reach a conclusion that both allows their character to be in character and you to still have some creative freedom. Be open to ideas and character development that can come through these sorts of things!
- Do not change the color of your text. What looks good to you or even on one skin does not necessarily work for someone else or on another skin. You might be causing some eye strain! If you're changing it due to your own eye strain and no skin prevents it, do let us know! We will try to accommodate.
- Bolding speech and italicizing thought is fine if that's what you like. DoHTML will not work here. We use BBCode.